AIM
Zaron

TEH QUICK! TEH QUICK!

Animated well enough, but how did I know the first thing I've bothered to click on Newgrounds in over a year would somehow involve both feces and vomit? I guess some things never change.

Maximillion Bagsworth Maximillion Bagsworth

MONEY!

The biggest complaint I can come up with is that sometimes his moustache got a little TOO big when he talked, and it seemed to be a bit slow at points, especially the start, but in the end i laughed far more than was likely warranted and have decided I will henceforth be disappointed every time my saying the word "MONEY" doesn't cause something to explode.

Added to faves, sir, as it gave me the chortles.

Bonehead93 responds:

Glad you had chortles, old chum!

Cockblocked Cockblocked

Not a Lot To This

The art's not great, and it's rather short, but it's the first thing that's made me laugh working my way down the submissions list all night, largely thanks to the audio and the sudden ending / giant black dude.

You've room to improve, thus, but are already ahead of half the portal! : O

Pixel Snake Pixel Snake

Amusin'

It's a very minor change to the normal Snake formula, but it's just enough to make this one a little unique. You could stand to refine the graphics and the like, obviously, but this isn't at all a bad start.

DevThomas responds:

Thanks ;)

Super Sonic Pinball Super Sonic Pinball

A little basic...

The board was sparse and half the game window's space is taken up by Sonic and Tails just standing there. The bonus boards and single-slot slot machine are nice touches, but don't do much to justify how open and empty the layout is. The collision is largely passable, but the flippers don't seem to hold any power to them, and there's a visible delay between when they flip up and the ball gets going with barely any speed. With the bumpers helping out it's not as obvious, but in the bonus rooms it's a glaring fault that makes getting the ball up past the bottom third of the board feel like dumb luck simply because unless it hits the top of one of the lower bumpers it's not going to get any higher.

simply put, what you have here is a foundation, and while I've seen you saying Flash couldn't handle much more, I've been having terrible lagging issues due to some Firefox bug or other that's been going on and it's about the first thing that's run decently for me on this site in a week. I don't know how you're handling your collision logic, but there shouldn't be enough here to slow things down by even a remote stretch, even for Flash. :/

And, on a more minor offense, while I had no trouble finding the music and ball options, the fact I couldn't hear the chosen audio until I started the board authentically irked me. Your menu is bizarrely silent, and no harm could come from it playing a little something something.

The physics are decent save the flipper collision, and this doesn't feel like a lost cause, just very aimless. Give the board more, or make the space it consumes less, maybe add some rollovers or an orbit shot, something. If you're already having issues keeping the game running smoothly a ramp or two is probably out of the question as then you have to handle layering, but I find it hard to believe more couldn't get into this. :/

Tetraform Tetraform

Long-Lasting...

The game seems a bit long for something with half the medals revolving around beating the thing and no save feature. While the gameplay isn't bad, most of the enemies don't seem to do that much so the variety seems almost purely cosmetic, and I found myself frequently annoyed by having one enemy left on screen, forcing myself to give up a spike for it or some such thing, and then having another enemy or two pop up immediately after. It's not like i wasn't waiting for that to happen, either. Why can't the enemies spawn steadily over the course of a wave? Would help this thing's pace a lot.

As is, dull at the beginning, only moderately better at the end. That medal for full spikes seems a bit outlandish considering most of mine were lost by the bosses ramming into them. A couple more layers of strategy and a better pace could have helped this a lot. It's not bad, but it's not particularly good, either.

Lavender Town+*~_0 Lavender Town+*~_0

It's nothing awful, but it's not really working for me. It's too consistently loud to be creepy, and even if it wasn't most of the instrumentation doesn't have any subtlety to it anyway. While the whispering was a decent idea, playing it constantly on the whole second pass of the song and its general volume (as well as sounding like it was recorded in a metal chamber and then amplified considerably) offsets any eerie factor it could have had. In less words, the mastering here is sort of a mess.

The Lavender Town theme itself is eerie, yes, and so long as the melody is intact you're going to have some of that unsetlling factor associated with it, but you don't add all that much to what was already there.

Chronamut responds:

that's because this is the "regular" version - check out the other 2 versions I made.. they have more of the creepy factor :)

thanks for the review!

-shawn-

Flutterwonder [Remix] Flutterwonder [Remix]

Entrancing. Best version of this I've heard since the original.

The piano is a nice addition that blends in with the rest of the track perfectly, and the rest of your changes are fairly subtle but leave enough impact to set this apart and classify it as a true remix while still maintaining most of what made the source material so strong. The synths used blend in wonderfully and work with the beat to make this track entrancing and beautiful.

You say you're new at this? Keep it up! You've got a strong sense for this sort of thing, obviously, and it'll be interesting to see how far you can take it.

Leaves in the Current Leaves in the Current

Well done for the most part, but a little repetitive, and I can't really get over that the most repeated bit is basically Zelda's Lullaby with the last measure or so changed up. The instrumentation is solid, tho, and the only other thing that stood out was one of the brass notes sounded a bit too dissonant.

papkee responds:

Wow, I've never even heard Zelda's lullaby but you're right. That's a bit crazy. Also, that brass note was not there when I wrote it, and like I said before my drivers were so messed up I couldn't even tell.

U Jolly? U Jolly?

Oh Yes.

I'm SUPER jolly!! 8D

The Lady that Grew The Lady that Grew

Pretty neat

The wings are pretty spiff, in particular. : o